Parish History - continued


In 1894, a school was built to provide elementary education for the youth of the parish. In 1922, rooms were added to the elementary building to provide housing for the Sisters of Mercy who were teaching there and to provide room for high school classes. In 1926, the high school building was built on the site of the original church and classes were held there that year. The high school was closed in 1958. The elementary school continued on for several years. In 1968, grades seven and eight were dropped and in 1969 the entire elementary school was closed.


















The Parish - Today

The elementary school has since been torn down but the other three buildings are still in use today. The 1904 church is active for regular religious services. The rectory serves as a business office for the parish. The high school building is used for various meetings and social events. The parish is designated as a National Czech parish, meaning that the usual parish boundaries are opened to all Catholics of Bohemian origin regardless of where they reside.




PASTORS




1874-1889
1889-1891
1891-1899
1899
1899-1900
1900-1920
1920-1945
1945-1946
1946-1968
1968-1977 
1977-1983
1983-1985
1985-1990
1990-1992
1992-2005
2005-2006
2006-2008

2008-present
Rev.Francis Chmelar
Rev. John Broz
Rev. Francis Kopecky
Rev. Vaclav Koerner
Rev. Frank Vrba
Rev. Florian Svrdlik
Rev. August Vojacek
Rev. Msgr. Wenceslaus Hradecky
Rev. Msgr. Anthony Chihak
Rev. Clarence Frana
Rev. Louis Trzil
Rev. John Kissling
Rev. Clarence Frana
Rev. Harry Koelker
Rev. Msgr. Karl Glovik
Rev. Ivan Nienhaus
Rev. Msgr. Russell Bleich
Rev. Nils Hernandez
Rev. Christopher Podhajsky


















St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church


                A CZECH NATIONAL PARISH